The Missouri Belting Company was founded in 1892 by George Englesmann. Leather conveyor belts were the company’s first products. As a dominant meatpacking center at the time, St. Louis was the perfect location for operations. By 1921, William H. Englesmann, George’s son, joined the business, eventually serving as General Partner and Treasurer and working for the company until 1969.


Together with his two sons, William sold his interest and formed a new company—the true beginning of what we know as Beltservice Corporation today. The business is initially operated from his son Dick’s apartment, but the company soon leased a 10,000 sf warehouse and hired its first employees.

By 1972, a consistent sales strategy for the company emerged: to sell only to distributors and original equipment manufacturers. Service, integrity, honesty, and fair value are established as the Beltservice Corporation values. A running cougar becomes the company’s logo, representing the company’s strength, speed, and efficiency. Richard L. Heintzelman joined the company and led the implementation of product testing procedures, standard methods of operation, and systemized quality control techniques.

Over the next seven years, the company moved and expanded occupying 75,000 in Maryland Heights and opening its first branch location in Sacramento. Throughout the 1980s, more full-service branches were established throughout the country, two companies were acquired, and the Beltwall product line was introduced to the marketplace.

The 1990s began with the move to a new plant and office in the western suburbs of St. Louis County. Subsidiary conveyor belting companies are founded in Mexico and Canada, leading to the Beltwall Division of Beltservice Corporation receiving the “E” Award for exporting excellence from the President’s Council of Economic Advisors.

After several locations open and expand throughout the 90s, the new millennium began with the expansion of the headquarters by 86,400 square feet, now comprising 288,000 square feet of manufacturing, storage, and office space. Manufacturing was modernized by introducing computer automation and adding the ability to offer custom-cut parts.

Plant expansions, modernizations, and acquisitions continue to this day. The company is now in its fourth generation of family leadership with Ken Englesmann serving as our company President while Dick Engelsmann continues as the company’s Chairman.